Program Structure & Admissions
The Radiotherapy Physics Residency at Genesis Healthcare Partners & Affiliated Sites is a two year tuition based program that offers a Certificate through the College of Extended Studies (CES) at SDSU. During the two years, the residents are required to enroll in the four clinical rotation courses (each of six month duration) through CES. Although the program is administered and run through SDSU (one of the spoke sites), the clinical rotation courses, which include hands on clinical and didactic training, occurs at the participating clinics. Upon the successful completion of each clinical rotation course, the residents typically rotate to a different clinic with at least two rotations during the duration of the residency.
Admission into our Radiotherapy Physics Residency Program will occur through the CES at SDSU and applicants who meet the following criteria will be considered:
- Graduates from a CAMPEP-accredited graduate program in Radiation Oncology Physics.
- Post-graduate (M.S. or Ph.D.) students who have completed a CAMPEP-accredited certificate program in Radiation Oncology Physics. This option is open only to alternate pathway candidates for residency
- Graduates from a graduate program accredited by a local accreditation organization whose standards have been deemed equivalent to those of CAMPEP by the Graduate Education Program Review Committee.
- You must apply online via the CSU Mentor System. You will be required to pay a $55 application fee. You will also have to send transcripts, and if international, TOEFL scores (you will be given this information during the application process). You will also be asked to submit a personal one page narrative essay describing why you are interested in Medical Physics and our Residency Program. All of these will go to the Graduate Division not to the Physics Department.
- Send 2 to 3 letters of recommendations and your CV directly to the Residency Program Director (Mauro Tambasco), Dept of Physics, SDSU, 5500 Campanile Dr, San Diego CA 92182-1233 or by e-mail: email@example.com.
- Application deadline is July 1st each year for Fall admission. Note: Admission occurs only once a year in the Fall (i.e., late August).